Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mansions in Heaven?


Today I was working on a talk, and I was thinking of all the things I previously thought were givens at some point in my life. You know what they are..... They are the things you were told to believe and just believed them without even thinking. They range from anything like the belief in Santa Claus to purgatory. One of the ideas that struck me as funny today was the idea of mansions in heaven. I was thinking about my parents and Sunday school teachers telling me that when we get to heaven, we will all have our personal mansions. Really? Heaven will look like Queens harbor? I believe if you are banking on that, your going to be disappointed. Most of what is really enticing about that idea is that we will have no one to bother us, and well have the sweet stuff we dreamed of. This is just ridonkulus. If we are the bride, and Christ is the groom. We will be moving in to the place he has prepared for us before the world began. I believe we will be in a big Community house in the sky. Our normal issues of communal living wont be the same issues because we will be without sin. That might be the reason we like to be so alone day to day and we would like to imagine living in isolation in heaven. I guess some of that is my speculation. I really don't know what heaven will be like, but I think I can rule out being alone. Live life with people. It is better. Its more like heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment